Every school has a school council—a group focused on helping all students succeed.
School councils are groups of parents, community representatives, teaching and non-teaching employees, students and the school principal. Through the active participation of parents, school councils work to improve student achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents.
Support for school councils is provided by the Simcoe County District School Board’s Parent Involvement Committee.
Why join us on School Council?
Involvement in school council is a meaningful, hands-on way to have a direct, positive impact on your child’s educational experience. Research shows that when parents are involved in their child’s education, the level of student achievement increases.
What we have accomplished on School Council
- provide support and assistance for all students to participate in class trips
- organize a number of community events
- help support teachers with classroom needs
- brought and continue to bring in guest speakers for our students to hear and support school events
- help school groups, teams and clubs when requested
2021 CAMERON STREET SCHOOL COUNCIL INFORMATION
|Co-Chairs||Cachelle Colquhoun & Caitlin Edwards|
|Secretary||Katy Wood, Heather Fields, Karen Baulke|
Minutes of School Council Meetings