Every school has a school council—a group focused on helping all students succeed.
School councils are groups of parents, community representatives, teaching and non-teaching employees, students and the school principal. Through the active participation of parents, school councils work to improve student achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents.
Support for school councils is provided by the Simcoe County District School Board’s Parent Involvement Committee.
Why join us on School Council?
Involvement in school council is a meaningful, hands-on way to have a direct, positive impact on your child’s educational experience. Research shows that when parents are involved in their child’s education, the level of student achievement increases.
What we have accomplished on School Council!
- purchased Smart Boards for classrooms
- helped and continue to help pay for transportation for class trips
- organize a number of community events each year (ie. Halloween Howler, Winter Carnival, June Carnival)
- help support teachers with classroom needs
- brought and continue to bring in guest speakers for our students to hear and support school events
- help school groups, teams and clubs when requested
- help purchase ipads for each classroom to support technology use
CAMERON STREET SCHOOL COUNCIL'S UPCOMING EVENTS!!!