Every school has a school council—a group focused on helping all students succeed.
School councils are groups of parents, community representatives, teaching and non-teaching employees, students and the school principal. Through the active participation of parents, school councils work to improve student achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents.
Support for school councils is provided by the Simcoe County District School Board’s Parent Involvement Committee.
Why join us on School Council?
Involvement in school council is a meaningful, hands-on way to have a direct, positive impact on your child’s educational experience. Research shows that when parents are involved in their child’s education, the level of student achievement increases.
What we have accomplished on School Council
- provide support and assistance for all students to participate in class trips
- organize a number of community events each year (ie. Halloween Howler, Family Skating Day, June Carnival)
- help support teachers with classroom needs
- brought and continue to bring in guest speakers for our students to hear and support school events
- help school groups, teams and clubs when requested
CAMERON STREET SCHOOL COUNCIL'S UPCOMING EVENTS!!!
|Monday September 18th|
School Council Meeting at 7pm
*It is our first meeting of the year, and a great way to get involved in our wonderful Cameron Street community! Please join us in the Library as we begin to set our goals for the year.
Cameron Street School Council - September 2017 (1).pdf
|Thursday September 28th||Meet the Staff Night!|
*We would love to meet you and have you sign up to help us with our goals this year! Please visit our table tonight!